This is a family favourite of ours. The kids love it and my Son asks for it time and time again. They like to help make it too so it's great for the kids.
Home made breaded fish fillets
This recipe is really simple and quick
Fresh fish fillets (cod, haddock, salmon, sea bass, whatever you prefer)
Bread or barm cake
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven on 200 degrees celcius.
- Take a piece of bread or a barm cake and whizz it up in the blender. Add sea salt, pepper and finely grated lemon zest (optional). Set aside on a plate with a little flour added.
- Whisk one egg in a bowl.
- Take fish, dip and cover entirely with egg and then dip and cover with breadcrumb mix. Spray both sides with oil.
- Gently heat a small amount of oil (few sprays or knob of coconut oil) in a pan over a medium heat and pop in the fish. Brown either side for 5 mins and then bake in the oven on 200 degrees C for 15 mins, or until cooked all the way through.
- You could continue to cook in the pan but you'd need to turn heat down slightly (I'd bake so you know it's cooked through).
Cooking time will depend on the size of the fish fillet.
One egg and one piece of bread or barm cake should cover 2 fillets.